quarta-feira, 19 de agosto de 2009

O que eu diria?


I tried Lord 
I tried Lord 
I tried hard to be Your good little boy 
Chin up, head high 
All zeal but no joy 
Thinking all my good deeds could please Jesus 
Boy, was I wrong 
Though I knew the right songs, all my cymbals and gongs played the melodies wrong 
And it wasn't long ‘til I saw my disease 
A life spent wanting to please 
On hands and knees 
To make right, to appease 
God help me please 
This can't be Christianity, it can't be 
The whole thing's like insanity 
Where's the rest of eternal security? 
Where's the hope of a God big enough to cope with all my hang-ups and insecurities? 
Certainly this isn't breathing 
My chest burning and heaving 
It's like my pulse is ceasing 
Like my heart quits beating 
Yet this I recall to mind and therefore I have hope: 
You died, Lord 
You died, Lord 
Assuredly, like the coming of the dawn, the Father's love song goes on 
Drowning out my bitter songs 
And breaking through walls and barriers 
Christ swoops in, removes sin, picks up His bride and carries her 
So I can sing in agreement with the King this thing: 
There's only one thing that pleases the Father 
The God-man on the tree in the midst of the scoffers 
Now I finally see that Christ is what Christ offers 
And I'm finally
free in the love of the Father


Jimmy Needham - Not Without Love

Adoro esta poesia. Quero ser mais assim, reconhecendo que não sou nada sem o amor e a misericórdia de Deus. To pensando agora no que eu falaria no dia em que me encontrasse face a face com meu Deus...

Conclusão: Preciso de Jesus profundamente, intensamente, totalmente. Preciso amá-lo de verdade, fazer as coisas com o único intuito de amá-lo. Será que consigo?

2 comentários:

Anônimo disse...

Lindo o seu blog! Lindo vc tbm!
Pra variar, mais uma poesia mto boa to Jimmy Needham..
Beijos da Namô

Camila Muradas disse...

Aeee! Reativou seu blog. Vira e mexe eu acessava pra ver se tinha algo novo... hehe.

Beijo!
Camila

E sim, você consegue.